In the event of a disaster, please follow this process for checking out students:
- Go to Gomes immediately.
If this is not possible, contact one of the individuals you have
preauthorized on your child's Emergency Release Form to pick up your
student. Students will only be released to authorized individuals.
- Once you arrive at school, park on the streets without blocking entrances for emergency vehicles. Remain calm.
will be evacuated to the Disaster Evacuation Area at the fenced
baseball fields on the east side of Gomes near Las Palmas (see map).
The children will be separated into two groups, (K-3 and 4-6) by room
numbers on two fields.
- If we must evacuate the school grounds, a note will be left on the gate that we have moved away from the dangers.
or caregivers should go to a staff or volunteer Emergency Preparedness
Team member at the Disaster Release Center which is set up between the
two fields. All faculty and volunteers can be identified by a bright
- Once you get there, the parent or
caregiver will need to identify him or herself and provide
identification such as a drivers license. Tell them the name of the
children you wish to pick up. Staff members will check the Disaster
Release Form to make sure the individual is authorized before releasing
- Parents or Caregivers will be asked to wait
in a separate area while their child is retrieved. No one will be
allowed in the baseball fields so that we can ensure a smooth and
efficient release process.
- Parents or caregivers must sign
the Disaster Release Form and the student and adult will be checked
again at the gate to ensure that the adult and child match.
members will remain with your children. Your child will not be left
alone. We have food, water, and other supplies for three days.
- Parent cooperation with our release process is essential for student safety.