Get Ready Now!
The new whooping cough law:
- Applies to all students going into grades 7 through 12
- Requires that each student bring a record to school of whooping cough booster shot (Tdap)
- A student who does not bring in a record by September, 2011 can not attend school until they get a whooping cough booster shot
- School districts may require that students bring proof in before the end of this school year
- Alameda County Public Health has free immunization clinics:
- Students with no health insurance,
- Students on Medi-Cal
- Students whose health insurance does not pay for immunizations.
§ For information on Free shots for children, please visit Alameda County Public Health’s website for information in English and Spanish on free shots for children or call 510-267-3230 for clinic locations.
Please act now! Do not wait until the summer.