Education Code 35186 requires that the following notice be posted in each classroom:
1. There should be sufficient textbooks and instructional materials. For there to be sufficient textbooks and instructional materials, each student, including English learners, must have a textbook or instructional material, or both, to use in class and to take home.
2. School facilities must be clean, safe, and maintained in good repair. Good repair means that the facility is maintained in a manner that assures that it is clean, safe and functional as determined by the Office of Public School Construction.
3. There should be no teacher vacancies or misassignments as defined in Education Code 35186(h)(1) and (2).
Misassignment means the placement of a certificated employee in a teaching or services position for which the employee does not hold a legally recognized certificate or credential or the placement of a certificated employee in a teaching or services position that the employee is not otherwise authorized by statute to hold.
Teacher vacancy means a position to which a single designated certificated employee has not been assigned at the beginning of the year for an entire year or, if the position is for a one-semester course, a position to which a single designated certificated employee has not been assigned at the beginning of a semester for an entire semester.
4. Pupils who have not passed the high school exit exam by the end of 12th grade shall be provided the opportunity to receive intensive instruction and services pursuant to Ed Code 37254 (d) (4) and (5) after the completion of grade 12.
5. To file a complaint regarding any of the above matters, complaint forms can be obtained at the principals office or the district office, or can be downloaded from the school districts or California Department of Educations website.